Metro PCS Unlock: Unlocking a MetroPCS phone can be as simple on certain phones, as taking a few steps on an app provided by MetroPCS. To unlock other types of MetroPCS phones, you will have to call MetroPCS Customer Service. Have a below MetroPCS Unlock article for further in depth details. Unlocking your cell phone could be your first step towards a better plan at a better price. Like a professional athlete who chooses to test out the waters in free agency for a better deal, unlocking your phone instantly gives you options to other carriers and plans that just might fit your needs better than your current plan. Further more we have updated all the info related on How to Unlock Your MetroPCS Phone in the below sections of this www.metropcs.online page.
MetroPCS Unlock has a new method of Unlocking their devices on other networks. It is the MetroPCS Mobile Device Unlock App or application. They no longer use the conventional method of inputting an Unlock Code, but rather activating the device as “eligible” status their back-end system. Certain MetroPCS phones can be unlocked using an app. Others, however, will require you to call customer service to get your phone unlocked. Back in 2014, MetroPCS changed the way certain Android smartphones could be unlocked from their network. By pre-installing a Device Unlock App on the phone, MetroPCS customers can now request and apply a mobile device unlock directly from the device. This is the only way to unlock a Samsung, LG, Alcatel, HTC, Huawei, Kyocera, Motorola, Sony Xperia or ZTE phone from the MetroPCS Network with the Device Unlock App.
How to Unlock Your MetroPCS Phone
If MetroPCS has pre-installed the Device Unlock App on your smartphone, which can be found under the Applications icon, you will need to follow the steps below to unlock your phone:
- Request your unlocking below by selecting the make of your phone locked to MetroPCS and then our Device Unlock App Service. DO NOT choose any other unlocking service.
- As the process is fully automated, we will be unable to issue a refund if any of the information submitted is incorrect.
- Once your unlocking request has been processed, we will send you an e-mail letting you know that the phone’s IMEI number has been registered as unlocked on the MetroPCS server.
- Insert a SIM card from a network that is not from MetroPCS.
- Launch the Device Unlock App and select the “Permanent Unlock” option.
- The following message will be displayed: “Unlock Approved: The Mobile device is permanently unlocked”.
Where to Take Your MetroPCS Unlock Phone
MetroPCS Unlock phone will certainly expand your options as far as carriers are concerned, unfortunately, might not be able to bring your phone to any carrier you want. What is important to note is that since 2015, Metro PCS has been on T-Mobile’s GSM network, which means any non-LTE services on your phone (2G, 3G) might not work on networks running on CDMA technology.
MetroPCS Unlocking Requirements
As part of a 2013 addition to the CTIA’s Consumer Code for Wireless Service, cell phone companies are required to post their phone unlocking policies on their websites. Metro PCS has one of the simplest unlocking policies of any carrier. To be eligible for MetroPCS Unlock phone, your phone must:
- Be a MetroPCS phone.
- Have been in service for 180 consecutive days.
- If your phone was replaced within warranty, your original phone’s activation date will still count as the start of the 180 days.
- Members of the military who are being deployed, and their family members on the same plan, may be eligible to unlock their phone before the 180 consecutive days.
For More Info On MetroPCS Unlock Visit Our Website Here.